Saturday 19 July 2008

Juno Jumble

Seeing as 'Juno' is my focus film, I thought I'd dedicate a post to the film :)

First off, I chose Juno as my main film because it was a huge hit in the box office, and also won numerous awards from "Best Comedy Movie" to "Best Leading Actress". Also for me personally, I find the film very unique, and it tackles a life problem that is very common nowadays, and lets you inside the life of a very genuine character. I feel 'Juno' is the film that made me notice Ellen Page as an actress the most.
Heres a video from YouTube that shows a few clips from the film, as well as Page giving the narrative.



Picking up from what Ellen described of her character, "an extremely well written teenage girl, which is not the easiest thing to find, who is honest but original and completely devoid of stereotype", I think this quote backs me up on how Ellens' characters have very specific characteristics. Her various roles include, young, strong and independent women, who do not fit in with your typical stereotype female role. And I think this is one of the main factors on how to pin-point her character roles in films. Lets just say, you wouldn't find her acting in a film like...Mean Girls.

No comments: